Tomato Red Pepper Risotto
Creamy goat cheese paired with the smokey roasted tomatoes and peppers makes for a luxurious, savory dinner.
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 5 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Splash of cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 T. butter
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (pinot grigio is a great choice)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Goat cheese
- Remove stems and seeds from red peppers. Quarter the tomatoes. Place peppers, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 400º.
- When peppers and tomatoes are done roasting, place into the food processor with a splash of cream and parsley. Pulse until the mixture almost seems like a paste.
- In a saucepan, heat stock on low. You will keep this heating during the rest of the process.
- In a large stockpot, melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add rice and toast for one minute.
- Add white wine, when the wine is almost absorbed, but there is still a little bit of moisture remaining, add the sauce mixture. When the mixture juices are absorbed, add 1 cup of the stock.
- When the stock is almost absorbed, but there is still a little bit of moisture remaining, add 1 cup of stock. Continue this process 1 cup at a time until the rice is soft and tender.
- Add parmesan and stir until melted.
- Serve with crumbled goat cheese and parsley.